For many people, who are suffering from acne problems in their daily lives, the desire of living a blemish and pimple free life can easily lead to a shelf full of medications and acne-removal creams. Apparently, acne are a natural skin condition that affects every other person.
There are many clever natural alternatives, which will help you get safe solutions to all the acne related problems. If you want to see your face clear, glowing and pimple free, then try out the below mentioned ‘Do It Yourself’ (DIY) tips on how to get rid of pimples:
1. Ice Cubes – Applying ice cubes onto your pimple will reduce its size, inflammation and redness by numbing the affected skin. You are supposed to gently rub it on the affected area and then stop to let it regain the warmth on its own.
2. Lemon Juice – Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C and helps to dry up the pimple faster. Make sure to use fresh lemon and not a bottled or stored juice (which has preservatives) for it to work more effectively. Dip an unused and clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and gently apply it to the acne before going to sleep. Wash it off the skin with lukewarm water in the morning.
3. Tea Tree Oil – It is an excellent remedy for treating acne because of its antibacterial properties that assists in fighting the bacteria that causes this problem. Apply the oil by using a cotton swab and rinse your face after 15 to 20 minutes. Or, you can also mix 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel and leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
4. Toothpaste – You can also apply toothpaste onto your pimple to treat them quickly. For this, always use white toothpaste instead of the gel toothpaste. Apply some white toothpaste over the affected area before going to sleep, rinse your face with water in the morning and you will notice a significant reduction in the size of acne.
5. Steam – Taking steam works wonders for your skin. But, specifically it treats your acne problems by opening the pores and letting your skin to breath. For this you need to fill a container with hot water and place your face above the container for the steam to come in contact with your facial skin for a few minutes. Wash off your face with lukewarm water and, after drying, you must apply an oil-free moisturizer.
6. Garlic – It has an antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic and antioxidant that can helps to quickly treat pimples. The sulfur present in the garlic helps to treat pimples at a faster rate. For this, you should cut a fresh clove of garlic into two and rub it on the acne and leave it for five minutes before washing the skin with lukewarm water. Repeat the process several times a day.
7. Baking Soda – Add some water or lemon juice to a teaspoon of baking soda to make a thick paste. Rinse your face with water and once it is slightly damp gently apply the paste on your face with your fingertips in circular motion, then leave it for some time. Once the paste dries up on your skin, wash it off with water. It is advisable to not allow baking soda on your skin for longer than a few minutes as it can cause dryness and irritation. You can repeat the procedure twice a day for quick results.
8. Honey – It is a source of natural antibiotics that helps in speeding up the healing process and prevents infections. Dip an unused cotton swab in honey and place it directly on the affected area and let it sit for at least half an hour. And then wash it off with lukewarm water. One can do this several times in a day.
Another alternative is to mix cinnamon with honey and make a paste. Apply the paste onto the pimple before going to sleep. Rinse your face with cold water and you will find less swelling or inflammation next morning.
9. Cucumber – It is a rich source of potassium and vitamins such as A, C and E. It offers cooling and soothing effect on the skin. Cut a few pieces of cucumber and soak them in water for about an hour. The nutrients, like vitamin A, potassium and chlorophyll will be transfused into water. Strain the water and drink it, or use the water to rinse your face. Or, you can prepare a face mask by grinding one cucumber. Apply the mask on your face and let it dry for 15 minutes, then wash your face with warm water. This will help remove dirt and bacteria from your pores.
10. Papaya – It is a great source of antioxidant, vitamin A and also contains enzymes that helps reduce inflammation to make your skin smooth and soft. All you need to do is to crush papaya and extract its juice and apply it over the acne. Keep it on for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off.
Or, you can also prepare an exfoliating mask by mashing some papaya pieces and adding some honey to it. Apply this paste on your face and gently massage. Keep it on until it completely dries up and wash it off.
Hope you liked the simple and easy Natural Remedies posted above. Feel free to comment below for any query. If you know some similar and effective remedies then let us know through comment box!